AVAILABILITY OF GLAXO'S PROTEASE 141?

Any word on when compassionate use might be available from Glaxo for their new protease inhibitor? Need to make a major decision whether to wait for it or try Novir with Fortovase. Thanks so much for your time!

Response from Dr. Currier

I wish I could give you accurate information on this issue. I think it is unlikely that it will available in the next six weeks. I say that because there does not seem to be a protocol yet. Not knowing the details of your current situation it is hard to comment on whether you should hold out for the drug. Clearly there is encouraging data about the combo of ritonavir/fortovase and depending on what your options are ( other things to combine it with) this may be the way to go.

Good-Luck

-JC

Amprenavir available when?
Taking Crixivan Late