Dr. Young: I am negative at 7 months, is it time to move on?

Dr young: I need your advice. I had an possible exposure to HIV last june and since then my life has been a living hell. I tested HIV negative at 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 30 weeks after exposure. I still think my nodessare swollen at the back of my knees, but with not HIV detected at 7 months should I move on? My last test was with Orasure. Is this a reliable result? Thank you for taking time to read my question. Patrick

Patrick- I agree with your point-- it's time to move on. This degree of testing definately should provide some confidence in a negative diagnosis; I'd make the point the this much testing really only causes more anxiety than benefit.

Lastly, remember the amount of mental anguish that you've gone through in the past months-- use this as a healthy wakeup to remember safer sex and means to minimize future risk. Good luck, BY

Poz-to-Poz Reinfection?
really scared - PEP 6 hrs late on 2nd dose