Help for bulging leg veins

I found an OTC herb called Venastat (marketed to women to promote leg vein health) that has given me very noticable improvement in the bulging leg veins associated with the Crix Belly Syndorme. The label lists Horse Chestnut Seed as it's primary ingredient. Any reason not to take this since it seems to help? I currently take Ritonivir, Saquinivir, Nevarapine, 3TC, D4t, Biaxin, Bactrim and Cytovene.

Response from Dr. Currier

I have not heard of this remedy for bulging veins, but I also do not know of a reason not to use it (except perhaps the $$). Let your doctor know so you can be monitored for unexpected side effects. The prominent veins in the lower extremities that some people have reported while on protease inhibitors may be due to redistribution of fat and or loss of muscle, a problem that is not well understood. Not knowing how this is caused makes finding a therapy difficult and making recommendations about different types of treatments impossible. Sorry I can not be of more help.

-JC

Fat Disfigurement in Women
Guidlines