New Videx Caplet

Hello Doc's:

Thanks for your informative help. I am currently taking Videx liquid mixed with an antacid because I was unable to tolerate the Videx chewable tablets. When is the new Caplet of Videx to be released at pharmacy. Please help I'm tired of drinking this gross combination. Thanks! A PWA

Response from Dr. Pavia

Dear PWA.

The Videx capsule is eagerly awaited by tens of thousands of Videx chewers, dissolvers, and swillers. The data are before the FDA and the best guess seems to be that it will be approved in the 4th quarter of this year. However, second guessing the FDA is dangerous. The capsule is approved in France and has been since the summer. I expect it will lead to a lot of renewed enthusiasm for what might be the most durable, effective and foul tasting nucleoside analog.

ATP

Andrew T. Pavia, M.D.

Neutropenia
CNS Consequences of Long Term HAART?