Changes in statistics
Jan 16, 2002
Dr. Young; You mentioned in another response that AIDS has been an epidemic for many years but HAART therapy has only been a reality for 6 years. How have HIV-related statistics changed over the past six years? Thanks! Pam
Response from Dr. Young
There has been a dramatic decline in the death- and complication rate for persons with HIV/AIDS in North America over the past 6 years. This data was presented, in part by Dr. Palella at last years Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Similar decreases in complication rates have been observed over Western Europe, Canada and Australia.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Constant Watery Vaginal Discharge
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Can You Get HIV Through Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.