|What is Nueropathy
Oct 12, 2000
What is Nueropathy ??
| Response from Dr. Cohen
Well, nueropathy is a misspelled version of the word neuropathy. Which is a term that refers to any disease of a nerve in the body. Most of the time, neuropathy refers to a problem of sensory nerves that can be damaged either by HIV itself, or some of the meds used to treat HIV. In that case, the neuropathy causes someone to feel numbness, tingling, or even discomfort in the nerves initially of the hands and/or feet. And there are some treatments for it.
But there are others nerves and other types of neuropathy as a result -- since many nerves can be damaged by HIV.
Hope that clarifies a bit.
Cal Cohen, M.D., M.S.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.