Symptoms of PCP
Jan 9, 2002
I have not been able to find any information regarding symptoms of PCP so I wish to ask it here. thank you very Kindly.
Response from Dr. Young
Symptoms of Pneuocystis carinii pnuemonia (PCP) are variable, but usually include shortness of breath (especially with exertioin), fatigue, cough (usually not productive-- without phlegm) and fever.
The onset of symptoms is typically very slow (sub-acute) and progess over a period of 1- to 3-weeks before they are serious enough to prompt medical attention. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Purple Spots A Sign Of AIDS?
- Does Groin Pain Mean I Have AIDS?
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Wart Remover Work For The Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.