Jan 7, 2002
under which of the following conditions is azt (zidovudine) prescribed for patients suffering from hiv?
Response from Dr. Young
Zidovudine (AZT, Retrovir) is used as part of combination therapy for the treatment of HIV-infected individuals or in special circumstances for the prevention of HIV infection, following high-risk exposure. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Virus Pass Through The Pores Of Condoms?
- Hiv And Short Term Memory Loss
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.