will 2002 be different

Doctors, You all answer questions and this site but what are you doing as advocates for people with this disease.This country has never hosted the worlds aides conference and why? Because this country prevents people with aids getting a visa.Have any of you been to capitol hill and argued the point that this disease is still killing hundreds of thousands per year and that all countries should have access to free and current treatments.Until you all do more than answer questions and do something more proactive people will still die.Whats been done to educate in the real world of prevention and what been done to identify why people put themselves at risk,until the stigma of aids goes away ,that been a gay disease and shame nothing will change.Remove the stigma and start looking a clear picture.

I understand your point that much work needs to be done about increasing our global awareness about HIV disease and HIV prevention. It is embarrassing to me as a US citizen and HIV treater/educator that we have never hosted the World AIDS Conference.

I do not understand your anger at the faculty of this website about the stance that others (including the US government) have taken about HIV. This forum is not a question and answer forum for discussion about foreign policy or global public health policy-- it is a forum for questions about treatment strategies for those infected with HIV. Your energies might be better spent communicating these concerns to your congressional representatives or in an editorial forum.

I for one feel passionately about our obligation to assist our global community. To this end, I actively spend a large amount of my personal time advocating on international projects (projects on several continents, for persons of different faiths, races and sexual orientation). I have, indeed spoken on Capitol Hill as a Congressional advisor in the past.

I might ask you in return-- what have you done for your community?

The real point here, is that we all take different approaches to trying to better our world. Not everyone has the same approach, those who try to help should not be critisized blindly-- this approach is merely divisive and disrupts the effort. BY

Do I have a disease?
Sustiva/Combivir or Viracept/Combivir