Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Not a question, more of a comment

Recently there has been some misinformation regarding ImmunoScience's Contre Vir which I would like to rectify. Contre Vir is a therapeutic vaccine (i.e. it cures HIV, it doesn't prevent). It is not a treatment that needs to be administered over the course of a lifetime, rather it is a "cure". To date, there have been ZERO clinical trials for Contre Vir mainly because the company up to early 2008 did not have the funding to conduct any clinical trials. However, with recent funding, Phase I clinical trials will commence in May 2009. When the trials are over, that is when the company will feel comfortable in disclosing the data.

For full disclosure, I am Aniket Apte, VP of Business Development at ImmunoScience, Inc., and I'm related to the creator of Contre Vir and CEO of ImmunoScience, Inc., Dr. Sateesh Apte.

I welcome any questions that you have regarding Contre Vir. My email is aniket.apte@immunoscience.com.

Response from Dr. McGowan

I cannot comment on whether any treatment would be of benefit (or harm) until clinical trials have been conducted. I hope your vaccine is effective and safe.

Joe

Please help me!!!
curing HIV