Nov 30, 2008
is silver therapy effective in hiv/aids treatment? they claim that its better than ART.. does it have any side effects or any compromise for future treatment with ART drugs..
Response from Dr. McGowan
There are no evidence based randomized clinical trials that support the use of colloidal silver as a treatment for HIV. I think that some of the buzz about this as a treatment comes from laboratory studies that certain metals such as zinc and silver can effect HIV growth in the test tube. However, there are many things that will effect a virus in the test tube that will not work in real life due to the different conditions that exist in the body (such as being protected inside cells and in the blood), also it may not be possible to achieve the concentration levels of the metal inside the body without being too toxic. At this point there is no reason to choose silver therapy in place of the very effective treatments we now have available.
HIV test and Liquid?
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- How Do You Get Trichomoniasis Without Having A Sex Partner?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.