|Flu shot and blood work
Nov 30, 2008
I just found out that you should not have your blood work done for CD4 count and viral load within four weeks of getting your annual flu shot. Since I had my blood work done about six days after having the flu shot, I had a blip on my viral load and have to have the tests redone. I wish this information was given more visibility.
Response from Dr. McGowan
You are right in that it is not recommended to have a viral load test during an intercurrent illness (e.g. Herpes flare) or just after receiving a vaccination (e.g influenza vaccine or Hepatitis B vaccine).
Using Sustiva + Truvada instead of Atripla for one night
Follw Up: experimental therapies
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Does Herpes Cause Harm To The Immune System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.