|Flu shot and blood work
Nov 30, 2008
I just found out that you should not have your blood work done for CD4 count and viral load within four weeks of getting your annual flu shot. Since I had my blood work done about six days after having the flu shot, I had a blip on my viral load and have to have the tests redone. I wish this information was given more visibility.
Response from Dr. McGowan
You are right in that it is not recommended to have a viral load test during an intercurrent illness (e.g. Herpes flare) or just after receiving a vaccination (e.g influenza vaccine or Hepatitis B vaccine).
Using Sustiva + Truvada instead of Atripla for one night
Follw Up: experimental therapies
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Anal Sex Condom Broke
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Selenium Sulfide Help With Flat Warts Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.