Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Using Sustiva + Truvada instead of Atripla for one night

Hi

Thank you for all the help you provide on this site, it is invaluable.

I am on Sustiva and Truvada in seperate pills, and I have a friend who is on Atripla. If he forgot his medication and is staying at my place , could I give him one of my sustiva and one of my truvada in place of his one atripla pill?

I thought in theory this would be ok since they are the same, but thought I should ask before it actually happened in reality just to be certain.

Thanks again.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Yes, Truvada and Sustiva taken separately is the same as taking Atripla as one pill. So, yes you are right that you could give him your pills for one night. However, you should try not to make this a common occurence, otherwise you will run short of your monthly supply.

HIV outside the USA
Flu shot and blood work