Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

hepc geno type1

I have taken the year long treatment with interferon with a reduction in viral load but when I stopped after a year it came back. They now say there is no treatment available Is there anything I can take or do to help get rid of this, thanks much bob

Response from Dr. McGowan

It is great that you were able to complete treatment with interferon for one year. HCV genotype 1 is the hardest to treat and may often relapse after treatment completion.

There is much interest in new drug treatments for HCV. Clinical trials of polymerase and protease inhibitors for HCV are underway or being planned. They will first be studied in people without HIV to see if they are effective, followed by studies in people with HIV. So there is some promise in this field.

Best, Joe

Starting Treatment
Had Lymph nodes in my neck and tested + CD4 count 585