Jul 31, 2008
is it all right if i recieve in anal sex if i have diverticulosis
Response from Dr. McGowan
Diverticulosis is a condition of the large intestine (colon) in which small little out-pockets develop along the lining. These could bleed or become infected (diverticulitis). It is very unlikely that anal sex would effect diverticulosis. Having a diet that is high in vegetables and fiber can help prevent diverticulsosis from developing.
Of course, you should be using a condom during anal sex...HIV as well as other STD transmission should be avoided. STD's such as herpes and LGV (lymphogranuloma venereum) can cause proctitis.
HIV+ without treatment
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- I Have Vaginal Irritation And Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.