Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Treatment Options

Good afternoon-

I'm trying to find scholarly information related to treatment of AIDS/HIV in the United States and Canada, are you able to assist me with locating various options for treatment? Additionally, information for poor patients would help.

Also, will you email me directly or will you post the information to The Body website.

Thanks in advance for any information you will provide,

Trying to help!

Response from Dr. McGowan

If you have HIV infection, it would be best to establish a relationship with an "expert" in HIV management. That person would be able to provide you with information specific to your case. An excellent resource to find an expert provider would be through the American Academy of HIV Medicine which establishs a credential for expertise. Their website is www.aahivm.org and use the "find a provider" link. General info can be found of course at The Body website. Very detailed information can be accessed at the NIH government website: http://www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/.

Specific questions can be asked on the "ask the experts" site right here.

Joe

what does it means when dr. say the disease has taken over?
Will my walking ever return?