Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

two years false negative

I had a possible oral exposure three years ago and then some wisdome teeth pulled right after that (the dentist was low cost so I am questioning there tactics) about two months after that I got real sick (could not get out of bed fatigue) the runs flem and oral thrush. Well because of the thrush they said I should get a HIV test and I did it was negative. I felt a little better in about a month and tested again the only thing that turned up was a high white blood count. SSone after i noticed many new moles and frekles *wich i never had befor in fact I only had like three moles on my whole body befor this, any way soon after this I started getting psoriesis on my knees and then hives and eczema also hair started graying and got sores on sides of toungue and scalp. Now let me fast forward a little after v24 months I have had 3 home access tests 2 viral load PCRs a NAAT and like 7 blood drawn elisa's a couple where ICMA labcorp combo HIV 1 and 2 + O and countless other tests my cd4's where like 1560 at one year 1230 at like 18 months and then 1350 at two years but every DR is stumprd the only things they have found is very high EBV titers and climbing but said it was past infection and have been DXed with CMC (chronic candida which they say is almost always because of HIV)this is the main thing that scares my oh and my teeth are falling apart too (many new cavities and gum problems) plus my children seem to have some of these symptoms but the older one tested negative twice once at 6 months and once at 1 year(they where born after I got sick) and my wife got HPV really bad. She tested negative through both pregnancies. sorry about the long question but do you think hiv is even a possibility with all these negative tests I mean I know not to go by symptoms but COME ON what else could this be? I do hope you get a chance to answer this because the anxiety and fear I face everyday is taking a toll on my whole family.

thanks for your time The scared mushroom

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am sorry to hear about your dilemma. I think it seems pretty clear from the work up you have had and the low risk potential exposure you may have had that your symptoms are not from HIV infection. You have been extensively evaluated. Your situation illustrates how important it is to consider HIV among other conditions when people have non-specific symtoms. Your doctors have effectively ruled out HIV in your case. I do hope you feel better soon.

Best, Joe

Which Is Lesser Evil?
want to know my meds side effect