Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

dual Tropic/low t-cells

I've become resistant to most drugs out there.....Currently taking Prezista, Norvir, & Truvada. I have taken various combinations of drugs since 1992.

I haven't been on TMC125 or Maraviroc as of yet (dual tropic/and lack of new drugs to pair them with).

Any suggestions on possible treatments for me in the future? Drugs? Vaccines? etc..... Thank you.

Response from Dr. McGowan

One new class of agents you did not mention is integrase inhibitors. The first drug in this class to receive FDA approval in the US is Raltegravir. In your case, it might be possible to combine raltegravir with etravirine (a second generation NNRTI) in addition to boosted darunavir and tenofovir/emtricitabine. Vicrivoric, another CCR5 antagonist in the pipeline, would not be an option since you report that your virus is dual tropic. Please discuss these options with your health care provider to see if a regimen that includes an integrase inhibitor makes sense for you.

Best, Joe

im very worried pls help me
90 days taking ATRIPlA, red bumps around neck, itching