Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

1 wk into truvada and efavirenz

My son is very depressed shaking and bad dreams etc. Will this pass with time

Response from Dr. McGowan

Initiating treatment with efavirenz can be associated with vivid dreams. It is important to be sure to take the efavirenz on an empty stomach (1 -2 hours before or after a meal). Food increases the absorption of the medication and can make the dreams and neurologic side effects more pronounced. The side effects can become less intense over time, especially over the first 2 to 4 weeks.

Best,

Joe

On treatment for TB but Dr. not sure I have it.
Am I taking too many meds?