Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What Happened to Prostratin Research.
Dec 8, 2007

I have been reading lot about prostratin.They say it can deplete the laten HIV reservior and stop the infection. Do you know any thing about this research and how long it will take for this drug to be available.

Response from Dr. Daar

As you state, this agent has been proposed as a potential way to stimulate cells that may act as a reservoir for HIV infection. I am not aware of clinical data presented on this or whether it is even still moving forward in clinical development. I am responding with the hope that if one of my readers is aware of more data using this drug they may respond as well. For what it is worth, even if studies are underway, the pace of drug development is very slow and at the very least it would be years away from the clinic. Best, Eri

Previous
low cd4
Next
My viral load isn't undectable this month, should I worry

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.