Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

What Happened to Prostratin Research.

I have been reading lot about prostratin.They say it can deplete the laten HIV reservior and stop the infection. Do you know any thing about this research and how long it will take for this drug to be available.

Response from Dr. Daar

As you state, this agent has been proposed as a potential way to stimulate cells that may act as a reservoir for HIV infection. I am not aware of clinical data presented on this or whether it is even still moving forward in clinical development. I am responding with the hope that if one of my readers is aware of more data using this drug they may respond as well. For what it is worth, even if studies are underway, the pace of drug development is very slow and at the very least it would be years away from the clinic. Best, Eri

low cd4
My viral load isn't undectable this month, should I worry