Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

To work or not to work
Dec 8, 2007

History: 29 year old male admitted into hospital with PCP and Cryptosporidium. Viral load 7 million, CD4 7. After two months in hospital I then rebuilt my life and was employed meds Nervipine & Truvada. My CD 4 is static at 250, viral load >50. In Aug 06 I had MRSA and TB infection in my spine. I am currently not working and recovering from the TB. I am considering returning to employment but am concerned that if I do so it will result if further deterioration of my health. Would you recommend I return to work or concentrate on keeping well.

Response from Dr. Daar

Based upon what you have written I believe you have a good chance of doing very well for a long time. Ultimately, your ability to work will depend upon many factors including how you feel. In fact, this issue is probably more important or relevant than concerns that working might result in deterioration of your health. Keeping busy and being productive is a good thing as long as you are up to it. Think this over and discuss it further with your provider. Best, Eric

Previous
sleep & HIV meds
Next
8 1/3 years too long or wait for drug failure?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.