Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

thrush, thrush!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE, IT HELPED ALOT. I HAVE BEEN TAKING ATRIPLA BUT NOW HAVE THRUSH SINCE I STARTED TAKING THE MEDS. IS THE MED NOT WORKING OR HOW LONG BEFORE I SEE ANY IMPROVEMENT. BESIDES ATRIPLA I AM TAKING,CLOTRIMAXOLE LOZENGES AND NYSTATIN ORAL, BUT IT IS NOT HELPING. IS THERE ANOTHER MED I COULD TAKE FOR MY THRUSH.

Response from Dr. Daar

It would be very unusual for thrush to develop while on therapy and then not respond to the medications you are taking. The first thing I would suggest is that you see an expert provider to make sure it truely is thrush, versus something else such as oral hairy leukoplakia. If it is thrush you could try other agents such as fluconazole, but I suspect it may well be something else.

Best, Eric

Immunity Deficiency and HIV
SEVERE ITCHING from ATRIPLA?