Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

AIDS diagnosis - a future problem?

Hi This is a question that has had me thinking. I was diagnosed with AIDS CD4 130 12% VL>100,000, KS, and various other minor infections 18 months ago. I started on Sustiva/Truvada and now CD4 449 24% VL <40, KS virtually melted away and feel well. So, my question, because of my late diagnosis, AIDS diagnosis is this likely to have a future impact on how well I do. I am 100% adherent, non smoker, no HEP co infection and lead a pretty normal healthy life and have to access to medication, treatment etc. I am a 39 male living in the UK. Thanks for your time

Response from Dr. Daar

It is great you have done so well. It is my belief that as long as you continue to take your medications the fact that you had "AIDS" in the past should not influence how you do in the future. I would be looking forward to a long, healthy life if I were you.

Best, Eric

Taking Maraviroc
Who should my son see?