Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

what my results are predicting?

I am 53yrs old and i was tested hiv+ this nov13,my results are as follows : viral load <53 CD4/CD8 0.6 CD8 % 60.8 Lymphocyte% 49.9 total Leucocyte count 8300 absolute CD4 Lymphocyte count 691 Absolute CD8 Lymphocyte count 1191 Absolute Lymphocyte count 4141 CD4% 35.2

These are my results.Now plz suggest my position and when should i start treatment?and plz tell me what my results are predicting ??? Thanking you

Response from Dr. Daar

If I am interpretting what you have written correctly it looks like your viral load is undetectable and CD4 cells are 691 without ever having been on therapy. Assuming you have had your HIV antibody tested repeated and you are indeed HIV-infected these numbers would suggest that your body is controlling the virus well and that you should do well without therapy for a long time. Nevertheless, there are select situations where the viral load test may not be reliable and this should be discussed with your provider. My concerns for this are less based upon our very good CD4 cells count. Regardless of where you are today the key is to be followed closely so that if things do change you will be able to discuss the potential role of therapy with your provider.

Best, Eric

is atripla for life med.
Taking Maraviroc