Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

hiv VS aids

Hello, I have been writing you and no one ever post my questions or even answers me, so please answer this question. Can a person with hiv live there life and with the right medication never get AIDS or is it only a matter of time? Please advise

Response from Dr. Daar

Thank you for your posting and I apologize that you have not been responded to in the past. Yours is a fairly common question to this and other sites and at times it will be answered to one individual with the hope that it will provide guidance for others with similar questions.

In any event, the good news is that the answer to your question is that many, if not most of us in this field believe that the majority of people living with HIV will be able to live long healthy lives without ever developing symptoms of HIV or AIDS. In fact, with the emergence of increasing numbers of medications I feel more optimistic about this every day.

Best, Eric

Taking a break
discordant responder