Nov 1, 2007
Response from Dr. Daar
Thank you for your posting.
There has been a great deal of work developing methods that would allow HIV-infected men to have biologic children without putting their partner at significant risk for HIV infection. This has generally involved washing and testing sperm to assure that there is no HIV present and then inseminationg the female partner. Availability of this technology is variable depending upon where you live but with time I hope will increasingly be an option for HIV-infected men.
POSITIVE AND ALIVE
- Is Muscle Ache A Sign Of AIDS?
- HIV Test After Sex With A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.