Nov 1, 2007
Response from Dr. Daar
Thank you for your posting.
There has been a great deal of work developing methods that would allow HIV-infected men to have biologic children without putting their partner at significant risk for HIV infection. This has generally involved washing and testing sperm to assure that there is no HIV present and then inseminationg the female partner. Availability of this technology is variable depending upon where you live but with time I hope will increasingly be an option for HIV-infected men.
POSITIVE AND ALIVE
- Is Pain In Urethra A Sign Of HIV?
- Purple Spots Could I Have AIDS
- Sinus Infection Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.