Sep 7, 2007
My spouse CD4 count has gone down 400 to 65 in last 3 years. Turns out that he has not been taking medication. How long would it take to recover the CD4 count. Thanks RB
Response from Dr. Daar
Everyone is different both with regards to how quickly CD4 cells come back and how high they ultimately go. The main think is to find out whey s/he was not taking the medications so that they can safely be restarted with the goal of suppressing the virus to undetectable levels. Most people will gain about 100 CD4 cells in the first months and then experience gradual increase after that.
losing brain cells
Kaletra & Kivexa, Slow response?
- Is Ear Infection A Symptom Of Ars?
- Loose Stool Sign Of HIV Infection
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.