|The new Atripla
Aug 24, 2007
I recently switched to Atripla. The pill is rather large in size. Will it hurt anything IF I break the pill in half and swallow them????? -VS- swallowing it whole. Is it just AS effective??
Response from Dr. Daar
The manufacturers of Atripla do not recommend that the medication be cut or crushed. Therefore, if there are problems taking the larger pill, you may find it easier to just take as Truvada (tenofovir with FTC) and Sustiva as separate pills once per day.
ditch the nukes?
t cells per year
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Underwear?
- How Can I Reduce Viral Load Without HIV Meds?
- How Many CD4 Cells Are Destroyed By HIV Per Year?
- Needle Prick And Window Period For Hiv Antibody Testing
- Pins And Needles In Arms And Legs
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.