|treatment for hiv negative
Aug 24, 2007
Doc, although I test continually negative even at 3 years past exposure I have clinical symptoms of AIDS.[ ohl, kaposi, severe floaters]. I was wondering if a doctor can give arv's to someone who tests negative past window period of exposure but exhibiting aids like infections or does he have to wait on a positive test?
Response from Dr. Daar
I would encourage you to see an expert in Infectious Diseases to further explore these issues. The overwhelming majority of people with a negative HIV test are not infected and therefore would derive no benefit from anti-HIV therapy.
infectious disease doctor
- HIV Infection Risk Sex With Stripper
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Sex Without Condom
- Touching Anus Should I Get Tested
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.