Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

me and my husband had tested HIV+ can we have a child

Please help me out,it was the shock of our life wen me and my husband had tested hiv+ we have never indulged in such activities (SEXUALLY) we wish to have a child how can we plan for it plsss reply me urgent

Response from Dr. Daar

Increasingly HIV-infected women are considering having children. This is largely because we expect them to live long healthy lives and that with good virologic control there is a much lower risk of transmission to the baby than in the past. That said, there are many issues that need to be discussed, both with regards to getting pregnant and having a HIV-uninfected baby. These issues need to be discussed in detail with a local expert who can make sure you and your husband are fully aware. I encourage you to seek out someone in your area with expertise related to HIV and pregnancy to discuss this further.

Best, Eric

Confused about labs
Re: truvada and protein