Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Accuracy Oral Test

I just tested positive on the oral 20 min test. I am male. I had sex with a woman and used a condom. The reason for the test was shingles. I have no other symptoms. the 2nd line on the test was bearly visible. Could the test be wrong(no other partners in 5 years and tested negative 5 years ago). It seems incorrect?

Response from Dr. Daar

The oral test is very good, but like all tests for HIV it is not perfect. Moreover, it does need to be confirmed by a Western blot. I would wait to see the results of the Western blot and if there remains uncertaintly consider repeat testing.

Best, Eric

Should i stop bactrimel...?
Switching Meds