Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Vaccine

I am a atudent in a Masters of Public health Program. I am working on a paper discussing past and present vaccine trials. I was hoping that you could give me info or refrences regardign the current vaccine trials. Thanks

Response from Dr. Daar

I assume you are asking about HIV vaccine development. This has been a very interesting topic and is rapidly evolving. There are actually numerous studies going on around the world and it would be difficult to find a single up to date resource.

A very nice overview on the issues surrounding HIV vaccine development was just recently published in the New England Journal of Medicine by Johnston and Fauci. If you have access to a medical library or the internet the reference is N Engl J Med 2007, Volume 356, pages 2073-2081.

Best, Eric

Taking other meds at night
Lipodistrophy Suppliments