Jul 6, 2007
Dear Dr. Daar
I understand that ascorbic acid can suppress the symptoms of some viral diseases. Is there any evidence that it can suppress the symptoms of AIDS?
Response from Dr. Daar
I am not aware of any good data demonstrating that ascorbic acid (vitamin C) has a positive effect on HIV infection.
Fatigue and Meds
ks and progression
- Is Anal Fingering Safe?
- Is Touching Hemorrhoid Safe?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Does Painful Ejaculation Mean I Have Hiv?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.