Jun 18, 2007
I have been POZ for 16yrs the last three at AIDS. I know thrush is opportunistic people who are on antibiotics etc tend to have recurring issues. In that area I don't have an option. I am wondering what I can do other than regular brushing and mouth wash through out the day. Is there anyting that will relieve the pain?
Response from Dr. Daar
In general people with recurring thrush derive benefit by either early treatment with topical therapies such as clotrimazole or nystatin or by taking antifungal pills. You should discuss your problem with your provider to make sure that you do indeed have thrush and what your numerous options might be.
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Antibiotics Do For Peoples With Herpes?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Tingling In Hands And Feet With Shingles
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.