|gene therapy ribozyme
Jun 15, 2007
Hi I also heard of a trial of infused stem cells hiv resistant.the person have undetectable viral load without meds. has anyone heard any new news of this trial? is this plausible as a future treatment or a cancer risk....????? thank you.
Response from Dr. Daar
The treatment you discuss is very interesting a potentially has great promise. Nevertheless, it is still in the very early stages of development. Only time will tell just how effective and safe such a strategy will be.
how long should I expect meds to continue working?
Thrush or leukoplakia/leukopenia
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.