|gene therapy ribozyme
Jun 15, 2007
Hi I also heard of a trial of infused stem cells hiv resistant.the person have undetectable viral load without meds. has anyone heard any new news of this trial? is this plausible as a future treatment or a cancer risk....????? thank you.
Response from Dr. Daar
The treatment you discuss is very interesting a potentially has great promise. Nevertheless, it is still in the very early stages of development. Only time will tell just how effective and safe such a strategy will be.
how long should I expect meds to continue working?
Thrush or leukoplakia/leukopenia
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Cancer From A Std?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.