Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

drug break

After 6 years on virals, i decided to try a break and only take low dosage natroxone. To my surpriced the lab called and said that my VL was over one million. Since 2 months ago, it as undetectable with a cd4 count of 700, I am quite surpised. Is this normal in such a short peroid of time?

Response from Dr. Daar

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, we have long known that while we can control virus with effective therapy, when treatment is stopped viral load does rebound. In fact, it would be expected that your viral load would rebound within weeks of stopping treatment, and at times to high levels. Viral load will often decline to some set point but you do need to follow your CD4 cells during this time to make sure they do not decline to an unacceptably low level.

Best, Eric

is using organic multi vitamin good?
HIV+ to AIDS and back to HIV+??