Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

VIRAL LOAD ZERO WITHOUT TREATMENT??
Jun 8, 2007

Dear doctors

Thanks for your work for all of us. In June 2006 i was diagnosed with HIV, my viral load was 100,00 my CD4 was 14. I also had a chronical hepatitisi caused by a very strange typhoidea, I did not make any symtom, fever, dhiarrea, etc... but after 3 bllod transfusions my viral load was ZERO in September. I started my treatment in December but my viral load results are not ready yet. I receive free treatment in my country Peru. I'm sitl taking my treatment as usual, there is any logical explanation for my viral load results on September???

Thank you Kusi Amankay

Response from Dr. Daar

It would be unusual to go from a viral load of 100,000 to undetectable without therapy. An exception might be in those rare individuals with primary (new) infection who establish great control without treatment. I suspect a more likely explanation is lab error in September. It will be interesting to see what your results are with the next test. If they are still undetectable we might not have a great explanation for the September results, but it would be good news. Best, Eric

Previous
CD4 count
Next
is using organic multi vitamin good?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.