Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

red colored urine

hello doc, my friend tested hiv poz 9 mths ago. now she is under medications. the problem with her is that she is havin pain while urinating and color of urine is red. her medications include triomune, virodin, virocomb. what would be the cause of pain and red colored urine ? one more thing that the pain has become slightly mild than it was 2 days ago. thanks

Response from Dr. Daar

I think it is unlikely that her symptoms are related to her antiretroviral medications. I would be most concerned about a urinary tract infection; however, other things are also possible. She needs to be evaluated by her primary provider.

Best, Eric

normal activities and VIH
Is it really necessary to change meds?