Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rescheduling Times Medication are Taken
Jun 4, 2007

I have a brief and simple question about my Meds. I currently take Kaletra (twice a day) and Truvada. I was diagnosed with AIDS back on February 1st. My counts were 37 Tcells 1000000 Viral load. Yes those numbers are correct, I was very lucky. My question to you is I need to reschedule the time I take these drugs. I currently take them at 10am (kaletra, truvada, dapsone, levothyroxine) followed up by two Kaletra in the evening around 10 as well. I need to move the times I take these drugs to around 7 or 8 am. Should I do it progressively? Perhaps I should just start at 7 and be done with it. I would follow up with the Kaletra to match its respective twelve hour interval. Silly question, however I just dont know. Thank you and to all the readers out there be strong!

Response from Dr. Daar

Not a silly question at all. There should be no problem with you changing your current meds in one day from 10 am and 10 pm to 7 or 8 am and 7 or 8 pm. If you frequently need to make time changes like this you should discuss this with your provider, but certainly a one-time change should be fine.

All drugs are different so I would encourage anyone else reading this to discuss options with their provider before making big changes in the timing of their medication. Best, Eric

Previous
stop
Next
CCR5

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.