Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Rescheduling Times Medication are Taken

I have a brief and simple question about my Meds. I currently take Kaletra (twice a day) and Truvada. I was diagnosed with AIDS back on February 1st. My counts were 37 Tcells 1000000 Viral load. Yes those numbers are correct, I was very lucky. My question to you is I need to reschedule the time I take these drugs. I currently take them at 10am (kaletra, truvada, dapsone, levothyroxine) followed up by two Kaletra in the evening around 10 as well. I need to move the times I take these drugs to around 7 or 8 am. Should I do it progressively? Perhaps I should just start at 7 and be done with it. I would follow up with the Kaletra to match its respective twelve hour interval. Silly question, however I just dont know. Thank you and to all the readers out there be strong!

Response from Dr. Daar

Not a silly question at all. There should be no problem with you changing your current meds in one day from 10 am and 10 pm to 7 or 8 am and 7 or 8 pm. If you frequently need to make time changes like this you should discuss this with your provider, but certainly a one-time change should be fine.

All drugs are different so I would encourage anyone else reading this to discuss options with their provider before making big changes in the timing of their medication. Best, Eric

stop
CCR5