May 21, 2007
Hi...I'd like to know if the vaccine that are being developed is just to prevent infection or is for those who are infected already...Thanks
Response from Dr. Daar
Thank you for your post.
Unfortunately vaccine development for HIV has been very slow. Most vaccines being researched are in fairly early stages of development. Some are being tested in those already infected with the hope that it will help them control their virus while others are being tested in those not infected with the goal of preventing infection.
Is drug combo a good one?
- Fatigue During Seroconversion
- Is Blood In Urine A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Ear Infection A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.