May 21, 2007
Hi...I'd like to know if the vaccine that are being developed is just to prevent infection or is for those who are infected already...Thanks
Response from Dr. Daar
Thank you for your post.
Unfortunately vaccine development for HIV has been very slow. Most vaccines being researched are in fairly early stages of development. Some are being tested in those already infected with the hope that it will help them control their virus while others are being tested in those not infected with the goal of preventing infection.
Is drug combo a good one?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Flagyl Treat Vaginal Cysts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.