The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

best aids drs in la
May 4, 2007

My cousin is moving to LA in a week or so and I would like to find the best aids doctors there as his condition is critical as he has advanced aids with only a few T-cells now though outwardly he looks perfectly normal. I may have to move with him to help him so I would probably live on the west side (eg West Hollywood, West LA and probably would look for someone there. I know Cedars Sinai is supposed to be a great hospital but I dont know if they have a well respected desginated aids center or if there are other facilities. You'd know where the best place to go is more than I would. He also has developed a double ulcer in his rectum as a result of a negligent appendectomy and his doctor in NY had suggested he go into a rest home or recovery facility to heal and get onto anti retrovirals as he was approved to take TMC 125 but hasnt started because he's now leaving NY so hes not on any medicines at the moment. Needless to say I greatly need your help. He has medicaid and medicare. He will be initially staying in Long Beach with his sister in law so if you know of anyone there as a backup. Thank you for taking the time to help me. Dennis

Response from Dr. Daar

There are many great HIV providers in Los Angeles and the Long Beach area. One resource is the American Academy of HIV Medicine website. He can also contact me or any one of a number of other colleagues when he arrives in LA or Long Beach to discuss this further.

Best, Eric

t-cell "death"
What happened to this therapy?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint