|what are the symthoms of aids
Apr 22, 2007
what are the symptoms of aids
Response from Dr. Daar
The Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) is defined as being HIV infected with any of a long list of infections, cancers, wasting syndrome or dementia, or having a CD4 cell count of less than 200 cells/uL. It was originally created and intermittently revised in order to track the epidemic. At this point it is probably best thought of as one end of the spectrum of HIV disease, which ranges from being without symptoms to having mild symptoms, to having more severe symptoms including many of those in the AIDS definition.
I hope that helps. Best, Eric
Living with HIV
- Itchy Skin During Seroconversion
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.