Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

RNAi

I am an oxford university undergraduate doing my masters disseratation in antiviral therapy for HIV. I was wondering if you could tell me if there is any news regarding the clinical trials with the many antisense oligonts that were being investigated? what are your thoughts on this approach to tackling HIV/AIDS? Do you believe it will one day be plausible?

Thanks very much

Response from Dr. Daar

Thank you for your posting.

My understanding is that the strategy you describe is extremely interesting, clearly worthy of pursuing and potentially plausible with the help of some major technological advances. That said, it is in the very early stages of research and I suspect years away from producing signficant clinical trial data.

Best, Eric

Infected - When
assisting with friends wishes with dying