Dec 12, 2006
im 42yrs old was diagnosed with advanced aids in 2001 cd4 was 19 already did a year of chemo for ks how long can i live
Response from Dr. Daar
Thank you for your post.
The answer to your questions is complex and really does require additional information. If you have access to combination therapy and have not been on such treatment in the past it is entirely possible that you could start a new regimen, achieve undetectable levels of HIV in your blood and experience a marked increase in CD4 cells. If this happens, which it often does in the setting I describe, you could live for decades.
taking a break
Peck in viral load after 3mths on meds
- Natural Treatments For Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Semen Enters Eye Can I Contract Hiv Infection
- Must Hiv Enter A Person's Bloodstream In Order To Infect The Person
- I Have All Symptoms Of Hiv After Unprotected Sex
- Can A Health Care Professional Refuse To Treat A Hiv Patient?
- A Positive Hiv Antibody Test Result Means
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.