Dec 12, 2006
im 42yrs old was diagnosed with advanced aids in 2001 cd4 was 19 already did a year of chemo for ks how long can i live
Response from Dr. Daar
Thank you for your post.
The answer to your questions is complex and really does require additional information. If you have access to combination therapy and have not been on such treatment in the past it is entirely possible that you could start a new regimen, achieve undetectable levels of HIV in your blood and experience a marked increase in CD4 cells. If this happens, which it often does in the setting I describe, you could live for decades.
taking a break
Peck in viral load after 3mths on meds
- Can You Catch HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get AIDS From Anal Sex With Condom?
- Can You Get AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Saliva
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Mutual Masturbation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.