Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

drug reaction?

hi doc! Have been on drugs for five years and have had my ups and downs, won't go into details. I was doing great, VL 0, put on weight etc very healthy (despite the chronic coughs and colds), very happy and very busy. Since a month now I have neusia and fatigue. Could it be the new kaletra? I thought it had the same composition as the old one? By the way I'm was infected either at birth or before so....

Response from Dr. Daar

Thank you for the post.

There are some differences in the formulations of Kaletra. In general it is hoped that the new formulation will actually be better tolerated than the old one, but experience remains limited. If your symptoms are persistent and came on in association with changing formulations, and do not appear to be related to any other medical conditions or new medications it is certainly conceivable that it could be the new formulation of Kaletra. You should discuss with your provider other possible causes and specific treatments for your symptoms. If the symptoms persist and there are no other explanations you should discuss with your provider the possibility of changing your regimen.

Best, Eric

High Viral Load
Should I stop taking medication now?