Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Work at USA

Hi Doc Eric ! My name is Marcelo and I am from Sao Paulo/ Brazil. I would like to know how can I continue my treatment if I accept a legal job opportunity in USA ? I'm not in treatment yet but in the next 2 years exist the chance of beggining... Should I refuse this amazing opportunity ?? Thank you very much !

Response from Dr. Daar

Hi Marcelo, Treatment for HIV is widely available throughout much of the United States regardless of ability to pay. There are complex immigration issues for people with HIV coming to the United States that I would not have the expertise to advise you on; however, if you were able to immigrate to the United States you are likely to be able to access HIV treatment.

Best, Eric

Is this true?
CSA54