|This Man claims he cures hiv
Nov 1, 2006
I have recently encountered a web site where they are claiming a cure for HIV. What are your thoughts?
Response from Dr. Daar
Over the last 20 years I have seen many such claims. Unfortunately, none have proven to be true. If such a cure exists then there are many opportunities to scientifically study the treatment and present the data at scientific meetings and to publish in quality scientific journals. When the evidence provided is a few cases of people who appear to have improved or have had changes in laboratory values one must be skeptical. This simply is not how good science is performed.
a quiet virus
An update -- Still Detectable
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- What Is The Causative Agent Of Herpes?
- What Do Herpes Looks Like On Your Lips?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.