Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV DRUGS,
Oct 19, 2006

pls how do i buy this HIV drugs ---Mk-0518 HIV Drugs. is there any website i can order for it on line? i had not gone for any HIV test, but it is safe or advisable to take any of the antiretroviral whether one is positive or not? thanks

Response from Dr. Daar

MK-0518 is an Integrase inhibitor that is currently available through an expanded access program for those who are resistant or intolerant to exisiting agents and need new options. It is not for sale but available through select providers who have established this program at their site. You can identify sites through Merck who is the developer of this drug.

This treatment is not for sale at this time because it has not yet been approved by the FDA for general use. In addition, there is no reason to believe at this time that any of the anti-HIV medications, including this one, would have any role for those who are not HIV-infected. Best, Eric

Previous
PCR inhibitors
Next
CD4

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.